It is possible to experience the Eleven Cities Tour by motorboat. But it is even more fun to cruise the Eleven Cities Tour on an electric boat! The Nexus Revo 870 Cabrio Electric is a 100% electric boat that can accommodate 4 persons. This motorboat is very suitable for cruising the Eleven Cities Tour. In this blog, you can read more about the Frisian Eleven Cities Tour and electric boating in Friesland.
Boating the Eleven Cities Tour with the Nexus Revo 870 Cabrio Electric The Eleven Cities Tour is a great way to explore the beautiful province of Friesland by boat. The route starts in Heeg at Natural Yachts, which is an ideal place to start the Eleven Cities Tour. You can choose to boat the entire route from Heeg if you charter a boat for 2 weeks, or you can choose to boat part of the Eleven Cities Tour if you charter a boat in Friesland for 1 week. Not every boat is able to boat the Eleven Cities Tour, but the Nexus Revo 870 Cabrio Electric is able to do so because of its low vertical clearance and shallow draught
The Nexus Revo 870 Cabrio Electric is a modern motorboat for 4 persons. The boat has a convertible top, which you can use to either boat in the sun or sheltered from the sun. The Nexus Revo 870 has two bedrooms for two persons and a separate bathroom cabin with a shower, electric toilet and a washbasin.
Unique is the headroom of 1.97 m. In the spacious cockpit you can relax. It is also possible to close off the cockpit completely when it gets colder in the evening. The Nexus Revo 870 Cabrio Electric has a modern kitchen with an induction hob and electric fridge. While cruising or staying in nature, you can easily make a cup of coffee or tea. The control of the electric engine is very precise, which makes it easy to manoeuvre. The Nexus Revo 870 can even turn around its own axis. The boat can be recharged once you are in a village, town or harbour.
Enjoy the comfort and tranquillity and book the 100% electric Nexus Revo 870 Cabrio Electric!
Boating route of the Eleven Cities Tour Below is the route for boating the Eleven Cities Tour. The start of the route is at Natural Yachts in Heeg. The route described below is suitable if you charter the Nexus Revo 870 Cabrio Electric for 2 weeks, so that you can visit the villages and towns in between and make some nice excursions.
Starting point: Natural Yachts in Heeg.
1) Stavoren From Heeg, you boat via the Heegermeer, the Fluessen and the Morra to Stavoren. Stavoren was a former Hanseatic city and an important harbour. In this picturesque town, you can eat delicious kibbeling and walk between the sheep on the dike of the IJsselmeer.
2) Hindeloopen Would you like to visit all eleven cities? Please note: from Stavoren, it is best to take the train to Hindeloopen because the waterways leading to Hindeloopen are very narrow and shallow. Just like Stavoren, Hindeloopen was a Frisian Hanseatic city. The city is known for its Ice Skating Museum and Hindeloopen paintings.
3) Workum From Stavoren, you boat in the direction of the Morra and the Fluessen towards Workum. This Frisian Eleven-city has a lot to offer in the way of culture, such as the Jopie Huisman museum, galleries and sights.
4) Bolsward From Workum, you boat along the Workumer Trekvaart to Bolsward. View the monumental buildings and be surprised by the cosy city centre and the nice shops that Bolsward has to offer.
5) Harlingen From Bolsward, you cruise via Witmarsum to Harlingen, Friesland's only seaport town. Its location by the sea gave Harlingen an important position in trading and in 1234, the city already obtained its city rights. Harlingen is a vibrant city with cosy terraces and pubs, several harbours, warehouses and atmospheric streets. The Harlingen tile factory is definitely worth a visit.
6) Franeker From Harlingen, set course for Franeker. Welcome to the old academy town of Friesland! In Franeker, you can stroll through the atmospheric shopping streets and visit the Kaatsmuseum or the world-famous Planetarium.
7) Dokkum From Franeker, you cruise via Berlikum, Oude Leije, Bartlehiem and Budaard to Dokkum, the most northern town of the Netherlands. The town is internationally known because Bonifatius was murdered near Dokkum in 754. Here you can stroll through the beautiful city centre with a view of the churches, the bulwarks, the canals, the Bonifatius Chapel and the Bonifatius Fountain.
8) Leeuwarden From Dokkum, you return to Budaard and Bartlehiem and set course for Leeuwarden. There is much to experience in the capital of Friesland, with its many restaurants, cosy pubs and terraces along the canals. In 2018, Leeuwarden was chosen as the cultural capital of Europe.
9) Sneek From Leeuwarden, set course for Sneek. In this authentic water sports city, you will find the Sneeker Waterpoort, which is one of the most famous monuments of Friesland. Other attractions are the maritime museum and the Beerenburg distillery.
Bonus: You can also boat to the Sneekermeer. Here, in the summer, the Sneekweek sailing regattas and the skûtsjesilen are organised. Around the start island in the Sneekermeer, you can find a berth place in one of the harbours.
10) IJlst From Sneek or from the Sneekermeer, you will boat to IJlst. This Eleven Cities town is known for its waterfront gardens, which are called "overtuinen". You can take a look at the wood sawmill 'de Rat', the 11-Fountains fountain 'the immortal Flowers' or at the Nooitgedagt museum, the most famous and oldest ice skating factory in the Netherlands.
Tip: From IJlst you are very close to Natural Yachts in Heeg. If there is no time left to go to the next city, you can also return to Heeg. Do you still have time to cruise to Sloten? Then you can continue the route.
11) Sloten From IJlst, you can either navigate back to Heeg or you can continue in the direction of Sloten. Via Woudsend you will continue via the Slotermeer to the fortified town of Sloten. Welcome to the smallest town of the eleven cities! Sloten is full of history, you can take a nice walk along the fortifications, the historic buildings and the corn mill.
Extra: You can also take a trip to Balk. Balk is a water sports village and has a cosy centre. On the Slotermeer is a marina from where you can walk to the centre.
From Slotermeer or Balk you cruise back via Woudsend to Natural Yachts in Heeg.
End of the trip: Natural Yachts in Heeg.